Our central ministry is our way of life. The heart of our life as Norbertines is to grow in holiness and in our relationship to God in, through, and with one another. This, for us, is achieved through continuous conversion of our ways toward Christ in the context of community living as brothers on a journey of mutual edification and salvation.
Apostolic ministry is a crucial aspect of our life, however it is an outgrowth of the life we share together. Our identity is focused on the life we live, those with whom we live it, and the place (the larger community) in which we live. This is a life that has as its central focus liturgical prayer as expressed in the sung divine office and the Eucharist
- We serve the communities around our Abbey through service in two local parishes. Our parishes are St. Edwin Roman Catholic Parish and St. Augustine Parish at Isleta Pueblo.
- We serve as hospital chaplains in Albuquerque and the surrounding area.
- Our Abbey serves not only as the spiritual home for us as a community, but as a place for rest, reflection, and rejuvenation for the wider community. We welcome individuals and groups to share in our life and the beauty of our campus as they seek God.
- Our Order has a long tradition of ministry in education. In Albuquerque, we accomplish this mission through our Master of Theological Studies Program and the resources of the Norbertine Library.
- Our Abbey has a desire to respond to those in need. We do this through our tithing ministries, our Social Justice committee and advocacy activities, and through our ministries with the Catholic Foundation seeking to serve vulnerable and under resourced rural communities of our Archdiocese.