The Norbertine Spirituality Center at Santa Maria de la Vid Abbey respectfully requests:
- If you wish to be a retreatant at the Abbey and have knowingly been exposed to someone who had COVID-19 during the 14 days prior to your retreat, you should not come to the Abbey.
- For the time being, as a result of the careful restrictions coming from the Office of the Governor of New Mexico, we are not able to invite retreatants from outside of New Mexico to come to the Abbey.
We welcome you to the Norbertine Spirituality Center at Santa Maria de la Vid Abbey. In light of COVID-19, we have put enhanced safety procedures in place to protect you and each of our guests and staff.
How We Are Protecting You:
- We are maximizing time between the use of our guest rooms and meeting spaces.
- We are limiting group numbers as specified by Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham.
- Guest rooms and common spaces are being cleaned using CDC-approved disinfectants.
- Linens are cleaned using a commercial-grade EcoLab solution.
- Guests will be asked to bring and wear a face mask to use while indoors around other guests and staff.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available throughout the Spirituality Center.
- Common areas will be cleaned and disinfected throughout the day.
How You Can Protect Yourself and Others:
- Please be sure to self-monitor your health and stay home if you are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat and/or loss of taste or smell.
- Wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze.
- Maintain social distancing of six feet between others.
- Please advise us if you have any concerns.
The Norbertine Library in open Monday through Friday from 10: 00 a.m – 3:00 p.m. Please wear a mask or other face covering while in the library building and practice at least six-feet physical distancing. Hand sanitizer is available on the circulation desk, please use before working on one of the computers. Call (505) 873-4399 if you have any questions or concerns.