Response to COVID-19
Mass at the Norbertine Abbey is open to the public on a limited basis. Weekday Mass is open to retreatants and neighbors of the Abbey. Those interested in attending Sunday Mass with us must reserve a place by calling (505) 873-4399; a limited number of spots are available and only those that have called and been confirmed will be allowed to attend. Attendance at all Masses is limited to 33% of the church building’s capacity. Lauds (morning prayer) and Vespers (evening prayer) remain closed to the public.
The health and safety of our guests and staff are of primary concern. In response to COVID-19, the staff of the Norbertine Spirituality Center became trained and certified through the NM Safe Certified program designed to assist New Mexico businesses to operate safely and responsibly in a COVID-positive world. We continue to follow the guidance from the Office of the Governor of New Mexico and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
We welcome individuals to be on retreat in one of our four hermitages. If you would like to schedule a private retreat, please email FrontDesk@NorbertineCommunity.org
How We Are Protecting You:
- We are rotating room assignments to maximize time between room use.
- Guest rooms and common spaces are being cleaned using CDC-approved products.
- Making hand sanitizer available throughout the Spirituality Center.
How You Can Protect Yourself and Others:
- Please be sure to self-monitor your health and stay home if you are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat and/or loss of taste or smell.
- Wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze.
- Maintain a distance of six feet between others.
- Wear a multi-layer mask which covers your nose and mouth whenever in public spaces and while around other guests and staff.
Please advise us if you have any concerns.
The Norbertine Library and Abbey Office are once again open. Both are open Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. We require the use of a mask or other face covering while at the abbey, both outdoors or indoors and please maintain social distancing protocol.