Response to COVID-19
Mass at the Norbertine Abbey is open to the public with relaxed COVID guidelines. You no longer need to notify us ahead of time that you will be attending Sunday mass at the Abbey. If you are fully vaccinated you do not need to wear a mask but you are welcome to if you feel more comfortable doing so. Those that are not fully vaccinated are asked to continue wearing a mask at the Abbey. The “pew” configuration is back to its pre-pandemic arrangement, but we ask you to please continue with social-distance protocol. Those coming to mass together from the same family may sit together, but please maintain a three foot distance from other groups or individuals. This distance should be maintained when entering and leaving the facility as well as when moving forward to receive Communion. Thank you for your continued cooperation with this protocol.
The health and safety of our guests and staff are of primary concern. In response to COVID-19, the staff of the Norbertine Spirituality Center became trained and certified through the NM Safe Certified program designed to assist New Mexico businesses to operate safely and responsibly in a COVID-positive world. We continue to follow the guidance from the Office of the Governor of New Mexico and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
We welcome individuals to be on retreat in one of our four hermitages. If you would like to schedule a private retreat, please email FrontDesk@NorbertineCommunity.org
How We Are Protecting You:
- We are rotating room assignments to maximize time between room use.
- Guest rooms and common spaces are being cleaned using CDC-approved products.
- Making hand sanitizer available throughout the Spirituality Center.
How You Can Protect Yourself and Others:
- Please be sure to self-monitor your health and stay home if you are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat and/or loss of taste or smell.
- Wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze.
- Maintain a distance of six feet between others.
- Wear a multi-layer mask which covers your nose and mouth whenever in public spaces and while around other guests and staff.
Please advise us if you have any concerns.
The Norbertine library and Abbey office are once again open. Guests are welome to visit Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. If you are not fully vaccintated against COVID-19, we require the use of a mask or other face covering while at the abbey, both outdoors or indoors and please maintain social distancing protocol. If you are fully vaccinated you are welcome to wear a mask if you are more comfortable doing so, or you may come to the abbey without one.